Introduction to Video Ads
These are the specifications for video files and creating tags for buying VAST inventory through the Delta Projects DSP.
VAST (Video Ad Serving Template) is a universal XML schema for serving ads to digital video players, and describes expected video player behavior when executing VAST-formatted ad responses. For general VAST guidelines please see the latest standards set by IAB.
Note: If you wish to create in-banner video, please see our HTML5 Ad Specification.
Requirements and recommendations
To upload a video in our Ad Server the following is necessary or recommended:
- Frame rate (Required) - Maximum 30 FPS.
- Bit rate (Recommended) - Keep as low as possible, without compromising on quality.
- Dimensions (Recommended) - 1920x1080 or 1280x720.
- Aspect ratio (Required) - 16:9 or 4:3.
- Duration (Recommended) - 15, 20 or 30 sec to access most of the inventory. Maximum 60 sec.
- File size limitations (Required) - Maximum 128 Mb video files.
- File format (Required) - We support MP4, MKV, AVI, WEBM, M4V OGG and OGV.
General information on Delta VAST Tags
Our Ad Server will create tags according to VAST 2.0 standard and these tags will be able to display your video as non-skippable or skippable. When uploading a video it will be compressed into several resolutions to meet the resolution and quality depending on the digital video player the ad is serving in. Our tags contain 3 file types making support for the most commonly used formats (MP4, WebM, FLV) by Publishers.
In the Ad Server you will be able to connect more than one video creative to the same tag, this way you will be able to serve multiple video creatives on one tag. There is also support for Companion Ad banner.
Last modified: Tue Jun 14 2016 11:16:36 GMT+0200 (CEST)